We are just beginning to settle into our new home (a completely surreal experience to say the least!) but I couldn’t help but sneak away to the Holiday Home 2016 presented by Atlanta Homes and Lifestyle. The home is packed with holiday decor inspiration and is absolute proof that you can sell a home decorated for the holidays… In fact, it may make it easier. All that coziness just adds to the charm factor. Who doesn’t want to come home for the holidays, right? Even if you aren’t styling your home to sell, you can grab some great ideas for your own home to make it extra special at the holidays. Here are 42 of my favorite moments:
1. Exterior: Go over the windows!
2. Keep a neutral color combo. Not every room has to be red at the holidays!
3. Keep the mantle simple but amp up the wow factor with greenery.
4. Hang wreaths by ribbon on the inside!
5. Add a bowl of ornaments to the dining room table.
6. Display Your wrapped gifts. Don’t forget to tie on an ornament!
7. Garland in the bathroom? Don’t forget the presents, too! (Christmas scavengers hunts are the best!)
8. Hang Wreaths on your bathrooms mirrors. (Command Strips!)
9. Add Amaryllis to a vase and understated decorations.
10. Don’t forget your hallways. They need presents, too!
11. Place your tree by large windows for the best Christmas morning photos.
12. Color coordinated your gifts to each room…
13. Simple Berry garland will keep the holiday spirit alive in a room.
14. Give the eye a break… Not every inch of your home has to have holiday decor.
15. Gold creatives a festive feel without going over the top “Christmas”.
16. Buy this candle RIGHT NOW if you want your house to smell like the HOLIDAYS.
17. Put a wreath in the kitchen (just watch out for fires if you put it over the stove!)
18. Keep it simple and prepared in the Butlers Pantry.
19. Hang Reindeer Art. All year long.
20. Got a second butler’s pantry? Decorate this one with free remnants from home depot!
21. Don’t forget the bathroom.
22. Moss and Christmas greens make a huge impact.
23. Remember the little corners…
24. And def hang garland on the stairs.
25. Hang limes and magnolias on the bookshelves.
26. Add a pop of green for year round holiday spirit.
27. Zebra + Green? Yes!
28. Add A Trifle full of green ornaments.
29. A bowl of pinecones is always festive.
30. Put Magnolias in a vase.
31. Hang stockings for advent.
32. Get your wrapping done ahead.
33. Buy a monogramed Santa Sack.
34. Oversized Ornaments make a huge impact on a shelf.
35. Don’t forget. Kids need a break from Christmas, too. (But the teepee is a great Christmas gift idea!)
36. Get kids coloring. Don’t forget the Christmas books.
37. The laundry room looks good dressed for the holidays.
38. A garland over the bed is sublime in the master.
39. Use mirrors to reflect light and Christmas spirit.
40. Add little accents to unexpected places.
41. Hang Wreaths on the inside to mirror the ones hanging outdoors!
42. Don’t forget the garland over the garage… and the big red bow on the new car! (Mini Versions work, too!)